There’s this meme going round like “draw one of your fave characters in what you are wearing now”.
Hermann’s wearing what I am actually wearing right now: ripped jeans and a grey Chinese-collar shirt. Newt’s in something I wore to work last week: red, yellow and green Hawaiian shirt, blue pinstripe pants and bright red converse. I think it would suit him.
This is so beautiful and delicate and glossy and i love it~.
This is such a lovely comment on my first ever attempt at painting a stone, thank you!
My own submission to Raleigh’s Wall, on it’s own. “Casual” Friday at the ‘Dome still means Tendo’s rocking a bowtie, only now it’s over of a BVR t-shirt. And yes, that’s the #1 DAD mug Allison gave him when his daughter was born, to remind him.
RALEIGH’S WALL - CELEBRATING ONE YEAR OF PACIFIC RIM FANDOM
Artists: 1. baldwinboy5ive | 2. geniusbee | 3. lunarinferno | 4. bwoltjen | 5. yimmygo | 6. epic-artist-nerd | 7. ikaijubluemyself | 8. kyoukai-no-canada | 9/10. feriowind | 11. eltsia | 12. homuzu | 13. mumbelguste | 14. wisba | 15. korybing | 16. cheesecake12 | 17. raleigh-puppy | 18. uitch | 19. eckses | 20. tentacledog | 21. becomedog | 22. moptopper | 23. blairtrabbit | 24. justheretothink | 25. lunarinferno | 26. magemg
Photos from daily life in the Shatterdome, and proof that the Pacific Rim fandom is still alive and kicking. Thanks to everyone who took part for the awesome submissions!
Yeah sorry about that, you did the right thing. Thanks for tthe submission.
RALEIGH’S WALL - CALL FOR ARTISTS
The Occasion: As avid fans may know, the 1 year anniversary of the release of Pacific Rim is on 12th July, in exactly 3 weeks time. Baldwinboy5ive and I feel this is cause for celebration.
The Brief: Since Raleigh’s a fan of old-school photos, and likes putting his favourites up where people can see them, we thought it would be appropriate to create Raleigh’s Wall. The idea is that you draw anything that looks like a photo taken in the Shatterdome (selfies, candid shots, the baby photos Tendo hands out like candy, whatever…) and we’ll compile it on the wall, a reminder that the fandom’s still going strong, and, in Guillermo’s words, “we’re all in the same robot.”
The Technical Stuff:
1. If you want to get your pic on the wall, just contact me or baldwinboy5ive and either submit it or email it to either of us. We’ll probably need to edit it a little (add “sticky tape”, add a “frame”, rotate it etc) to make it fit, but we’ll try to keep that to a minimum.
2. 300dpi is best but 72dpi is okay too.
3. We’d love to get this up on the actual day of the anniversary, so the deadline for this is basically any time before 12th July.
4. Please, please reblog, even if you’re not an artist yourself! The more pics we manage to get up the better!
5. This is just for fun. There is absolutely no profit, no payment, nothing. Just a way to bring people together in a kind of multiplayer art-trade, because we believe not only in ourselves but in each other!
TWO DAYS LEFT PEOPLE.
Pacific Rim 2: A Haiku -
I am so so scared
and so stupidly excited
I’m gonna explode
I just did a Thing.
Tagged by thesarahsaurousrex, who thus earned the “tags you in dumb memes” friendship badge (I meant to post this yesterday but tumblr was acting up)
1. Always post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, then write 11 new ones.
3. Tag 11 people then link them in the post
4. Tell them you tagged them
1.What are your top five favorite songs and why?
3. Our House by Madness, because when I was a little kid I thought it was literally a song about our house, in the middle of our street.
4. The Meaning of Love by Depeche Mode, for the lyrics.
5. Common People by Pulp, because it’s perfect and also because the William Shatner version is one of my guiltiest pleasures.
(also, these are probably not even my real favourite songs, they’re just the ones which came to mind while I was writing. I like a lot of songs)
2. What genres of music do you find yourself drawn to more often than not?
"British indie and 80s," is the answer I would give on a first date, which is completely honest. But I also have a stupid soft spot for Superbass, Shots and pretty much anything ft. Pitbull as well, the genre I lovingly call “songs to get sloshed to”.
3. When you were younger, did you ever read/watch a book/movie that you feel has helped shape who you are today? And if so, which book/movie?
I have read and re-read the Discworld books so many times since I was about 9, to the point where I can quote from them in any given situation, and recite whole chunks of text word-for-word. More importantly, though, they were the type of books that taught me that life’s a bit crap, and nothing’s fair, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have awesome adventures in the meanwhile.
4. Do you have any thoughts or memories that perk you up when you’re feeling down?
When I’m feeling down, I tend to just wallow until it passes tbh…
5. If you had to chose between living in a forest or living next to the ocean, which would you chose?
Ocean. For sure. One of the main reasons being, I’ve lived near the ocean my whole life (or at least within 20 minutes driving distance) but I have never even seen a group of trees bigger than a bosk, it’s probably gross and bits of leaves and stuff keep sticking to you, the sea’s clean, man.
6. Where do you usually shop for clothes?
Stores aimed at teenagers who have no money…
7. Who are your three favorite artists? (Non-musical, and you don’t have to limit yourself to the ones in history books!)
Josh Kirby, for his unbelievably detailed and kitschy work on the Pratchett book covers, Drew Struzan for being who I want to be when I grow up, and Monkey Punch (aka Kazuhiko Katō) for the most expressive comics in the world. And honorable mention to Dave Mckean for his work on Arkham Asylum.
8. What posters/art/items do you have decorating your walls?
At the moment I have a huge abstract canvas painting by a friend of mine, a printout of my own fanart which baldwinboy5ive managed to get signed for me by the actor last year, and the overpriced but supercool photo we got with John Barrowman at Megacon.
9. Are you someone who owns a lot of random items, or do you like to keep things simple?
I am the type of person who once stole decorative props from a 40s-themed staff party because “I’m gonna need a reference for a shotgun someday”…
10. What “phase” did you go through in middle/high school?
I was a horrible emo kid, and had this haircut, and did some very regrettable things (surprisingly, the haircut is not high on my list of regrets)
11. If you drink tea, do you have a favorite type/blend? If not, what’s your favorite drink?
I unfortunately have a 6-to-8-mugs-a-day coffee habit, but one time someone got me a bar of chocolate with green tea leaves embedded in it and let me tell you, it blew my tiny mind.
Not going to write new questions, because Sarah already tagged pretty much everyone I would’ve tagged, so I’m gonna have to break the chain here. Sorry!